January 20, 2014

Holaaaaaa

Okay so this week was a week of MIRACLES!

1. I learned something and its super interesting and its real and true. okay so first off I recognized a way that I've been increasing my faith. Its been through my prayers of gratitude. I have never thought that faith and gratitude were related. I knew gratitude was related to humility and happiness but to faith...it just never worked out in my mind that it was something that was related. After reading an article about gratitude I was really excited and decided to start testing and trying my faith. What I did was one day I was praying and we needed to work with members and do divisions, so I was praying and praying and then the thought came to me to trust more in the Lord. So I decided to thank him for letting us find a member to work with  and then was like why don't I trust him more and thank him for letting us not just find a member but thank him for having Nicole help us today. I was very specific.Then we went to lunch.. at Nicole's house because her mom gives us food, and as we walk in she says, I told my friends I was working with you guys today. What time would you like my help and where are we going?... hahahah. I was like wow. I knew the lord would make it happen but I thought it'd take a little more work on my part. haha. It was incredible.   I have been applying this more and my faith is growing so much and we are seeing MIRACLES just like this one.

2. This week was the crazy week of fiestas. I'm talking 24/7 fiestas that are the biggest in all of Santa Cruz. We heard from everyone that it was going to be a week of no work, but the lord blessed us as we had a total of 34 lessons. And they were really great lessons. We got to go and work with a lot of the members and go to the coast and get lots of references and it was just really greatttttt. He really blessed us.

3. One night we went to the church and we were looking to do a splits with one of the younger girls when.... all of the sudden we had three women from the ward ready to help us so we got to do a three way division!! It was so AWESOME! I got to go work with Hna Magaly. I just love her. ha. She's so sweet and the lesson was really great too.. and its just a testimony that the members really change everything.

4. Okay so Hafrum is a drinker and a smoker. She comes from Iceland (so its similar to Germany) Drinking is just what everyone does. This week we challenged her to stay sober and not take one sip... and guess what!!! SHE DID IT. Even though the smoking is a lot harder for her to stop. I was so proud and I know the Lord helped this chica fulfill this challenge and that it was only possible through His help.

5. Ana hasn't accepted a date for baptism BUT LUPE ACCEPTED! and he said he doesn't care if Ana won't accept that he will be baptized because he wont deny the answer he got from God. It was amazing. I hope Ana will lessen her pride and accept a date to be baptized..... because its just her pride that is stopping her.

6. Some really cool quotes I learned this week, ¨most men creep themselves into nameless graves when now and then one or two forget themselves into immortality.¨And then I like Minds full of Honor are Betrayed by anger.¨because a lot of the time we let anger or grudges or offenses changed and destroy who we are.. that's something that is a problem in our branch.

BUT THIS WEEK ROCKED. I find out about changes in 2 days... i'm nervous. I've said most of my goodbyes... so we'll just have to wait and see!!

Love you Lots!


No comments:

Post a Comment