December 22, 2013

Wow!

Okay so this week...we did a noche de hogar in the casa de ana and it was sooo good! we got three new investigators aunque ellos son niños. it was a powerful testimony builder. then first off on tuesday we went to san jose . we didn't see that coming and so Hna villalobos was like I don't have shoes, can we leave early and shop in san jose because if not we´ll either wait at night doing nothing or shop during the day and do something..? so me being the shopper than i am and i haven't shopped in forever I said.. yep. we can we can go early and take advantage of that.. so i ended up buying four pairs of shoes for 25 dollars.. not the best but they're all new and pretty cute..more comfortable and reliable then just fashion now in these days. and yeah so that was fun then we went and waited at a cooks house in san jose while the sisters got back to their house so they could let us in and let me tell you this cook is loaded and she feed us an amazing dinner of a sandwich! hahah i have also stopped eating rice and beans! por fin i can live my life again, but yeah i asked my cook about two weeks ago because i just feel sick to my stomach just thinking about rice and beans. i love it and all, but now i'm over it. Then we dropped off hna villaobos and now were just a two some. just a normal pair of missionaries.. well as normal as it gets.. and then we got home and did some divisions with a member so to have these members helping us and going out to visit menosactivos made me so happy because i love the inactive work. its one of my favorites. 
Okay so Thursday. Thursday we taught all these sweet lessons and Yanixi (she's 12) was such a good little missionaary. and Shes making me smile more than anything ever, she's someone i'm going to miss alot alot. Shes me.. just super tiny, and tica and 12. Then we went to an activity to welcome home a return misisonary de la rama. and wow.it was so fun and so scary because he talked about how fast time is and i'm feeling it too!! eekk, but we brought ana and her three kids and their three friends.. okay so we're walking home from the church and it starts POURING rain. luckily I had my big umbrella and I gave it to ana and her three kids and hna medina gave hers to the other kids so we got SOAKED absolutely drenched like we had been swimming, then of couse beacuse were drenched we started playing in the rain, but we get to drop ana off and she persistently wont let us leave until we put on fresh clothes, and let me tell you if you don't do what she says its scary. so i'm working my butt off trying to convince her otherwise and shes like NO PUT ON MY DRESS! and so i go in and let me tell you, I am a maginician and made the dress cover me modestly and everything but oh my how aweful. it was a normal dress for a normal mormon but for a missionary no. but luckily their house was the last before we went to our apartment. but oh my it was literally the funniest time of my life. There dad was like look how beautiful you look ha. it was absolutely hilarious. Then we went to the beach today and so that's why i don't have a lot of time to write and dont have so many details.
But yesterday Sunday was a really hard day. We got another gringo family and that's great,and we had 7 investigators at church and the attendance was AMAZINGLY high and everything but then we had all these people who are reading and praying and going to church having problems that they cant "control" stopping their baptism. its the hardest thing for me. and as we were teaching about 5 niños their parents were at the neighbors watching anti mormon videos.. idk how that's going to change everything but it was a really hard night. But I know the lord will help us through these trials! Okay so times up Ill send lots and lots of pictures today! 

I love you soo much! 

It sounds like the cruise was a blast  and i love the pictures and i love all yall lots and lots!! whats the address of moriah perkins and yea. okay well love ya! the church is true. miracles pass even in the hardest times.

Hna Coburn

No comments:

Post a Comment