December 22, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Okayyy so the whole haircut ordeal.. taught me alot. First off the lord calls missionaries.. not pretty missionaries.. hahahhahah. but no its not a big deal if you look how you want to look because sometimes its a blessing in disguise. like who knew I look normal and was able to fix my hair into what i'm used to.. its like the lord prepared me for this because i was able to change belts into headbands and work my short hair just like i always have. hah. but the lord is blessing me because when we went out to teach on Monday night and I felt like the ugly duckling, we're sitting there teaching Gilmar and he closes with a prayer and says bless these missionaries because they really are your angels. and then after wards he says with that headband and your new hair cut you look a lot more like an angel. ha. so i was able to feel a little better. Then the next day the first appointment we went too (as i'm squirming inside because really no one has seen it and we went to anas house who is SUPER vocal and directo) and she says no you look like rapunzel. it looks good. so maybe i over reacted a little bit and it looks fine. I did cut it and fix it along with the help of the sister from our district sister stroud who helped fix up the back of it. Then as we're planning on this baptism of this little kid our world shakes a little bit as he tells us he doesn't want to be baptized he just didn't want to make us sad by saying no. so as we were talking to his parents and explaining that he doesn't have to be baptized that we aren't here to force people into baptism both of them with soft hearts say well when he's ready to be baptized he can be baptized. and then they both told us how they used to go to the church when they were kids. so now we can use this little boy to help teach his parents too. so it was a tender mercy in disguise tambien. 

Now let me talk about Edith. Hna Edith. a 58 yr old super dark super gordita loving old lady. if you can think of the sweetest honey in the word... that's how she is. and she's like our mom worrying about us because its late and we have to take a bus and giving us food and inviting us to make cakes and she is the most loving and best person to teach because shes all about the books. and the books are The bible.. and now the book of mormon. its so amazing because she has no doubts because the books tell her exactly what we tell her. she loves the scriptures and shes ready for baptism she just has to get married..


which speaking of marriages.. ana y lupe went to get the cedula for lupe in san jose... and well... they GOT IT!! but it came with problems.. but because they got it and they want me to be here for their wedding and baptism they're going to get married this next WEEEK!! i'm so stoked. 4 long months and finally we can see the magic and blessings from the lord! And This past sunday LUPE FINALLY WENT TO CHURCH! it was the first time and to see their whole family in church i almost cried.. 

okay so speaking of long awaited baptisms we have gotten out FECHA AND PLANS for the baptism of MARIA! after all my 7.5 months here shes finally going to get baptized. Shes going to be baptized on the beach at that. I'm so so so excited for her! Shes been ready for three months now and shes just had so much fear. but finally shes let her faith step in front of her fear and shes taking the leap.

So I've finally been able to obtain one of the attributes I've been missing.. i've been talking and inviting and just chatting with everyone. its incredible and i know it has a lot to do with the whole spanish thing because now i know enough and i don't really care if i'm wrong i just talk what i can. And so we were able to find our golden friend Juan.. We taught his sisters a little bit and he was there once. and hes always said hi to us and been really friendly so this week we saw him and i was like no we should teach him.. so i went up did some small talk and then... just as i was about to ask if we could teach him he said do you think you could visit me... and i was like umm yeah. thats great. so when we taught him he was like i'm sad. and i don't feel good about my life and then i thought of yall and i knew yall could help me. Its so amazing how the spirit leads the people to us and us to the people. and Then he asked to be baptized. hah. its so amazing and its been a miracle teaching this 14 yr old boy. 

Okay so on Friday I got to do something I've been waiting to do for my whole mission! I got to BAKE COOKIES! now it was all really cheap until i tried to buy chocolate chips... which cost my 5 dollars for a little bag. but it was so worth it. We called all our boys in for a noche de hogar and taught gilmar and ernesto and josue and alejandro and all of their friends. The oven was broke and I didn't have all the measuring tools or a KitchenAid. but let me tell you. they were awesome.. but ready for the crazy part.. because the houses here are really built soundly.. as I go to pull off a metal spoon from the top of the stove I get electrocuted.. and i couldn't feel my arm for five minutes... hah. its because i held onto the spoon so i got electrocuted for como 5 seconds.. it seems short but it was so longg... ha. but dont worry im fine now. haha. 

this thursday we get to have thanksgiving dinner with the wilkinsons after our zone conference. im really excited. it should be super fun! Okay well today i got my nails done and theyre crazy but i gave the lady free reign because it was a free mani and pedi and the only sad part is im off to go learn how to play soccer with gilmar. aha. it should be fun! 

I love yall so much Im so grateful for the lord and the blessings he gives me.
 I have the BEST life in the world. With the best family and friends and mission. 

Love
Hna Coburn

we have a Christmas tree and nativity set!
I decorated for Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment