October 18, 2013

Cha cha changes


Okay so we had a great week starting off with the fun pday at the beach with the family Johnson and Blanchards, the two gringo families. They're so awesome and so nice then on Tuesday we just worked like normal but then we started getting a pit in the bottom of our stomaches because this week is transfers.. so on Tuesday night hna Ogletree got a call that shes going to be a sister training leader and that she's going to Tres Rios and will need to be in San Jose on Thursday to get together with her new comp. So I was super super sad because 5 months and 24-7 with someone you get kinda close. But its like she's moving on up so its okay and I knew I'd still have rockstar hna Alvarado and so i was okay with it.








Then on Wednesday morning we got a call from the secretaries that hna Alvarado would need to get some papers while she was in San Jose on Thursday with us because she should be leaving in two weeks so again my heart was sad. But  I was still like  okay. I'll get a new comp and that's fine but i didn't let myself belief that i would be training. because only 4 sisters were coming in this transfer and they'd want the best of the best... and I hadn't gotten a call so it was fine. So then we went and visited like everyone we could on Wednesday so hna Ogletree could say her goodbyes and give her last strong lesson and testimony to these people. It was a really fun and sad and busy day. We went to buy our bus tickets for the 3 am bus to get in there early enough to get the paper work for hna Alvarado and the guy said it was sold out... so we had to buy tickets for that bus but for standing... so it was going to be three hours on the bus standing... or maybe sitting on the floor if we were luckyy. So we get home and start planning and everything and then the phone rings... and I answer and its my zone leaders and hes calling to tell me that I'm getting a baby.. a newbie and that I'll have a meetting with President Wilkinson at 8:30 in the morning the next day. I'm like freaking out and then the phone rings again and I'm like oh they're going to call and tell me its a joke... I answer and it's Pres. Wilkinson. He said he wanted to personally invite me to be a trainer. I was definitely freaking out now. I'm so not ready for this... but whatever.. just gotta take what I get and turn it in to something better. So we start cleaning because we wnat the house to make a good impression for the newbie and its now like 10:40 and we all still have to shower so we do that and its now like11:30 and then hna Ogletree who was packing is like... uh my clothes that I had to wash by hand are all still wet. (this is because our laundry lady couldnt do our laundry this week) and so we stayup til like 1 am with a hairdryer drying all her pieces of clothes one at a time. and by then its like no point in sleeping because we have to take a taxi at 2:15 to get to the bus station and so we get no sleep, hop on a bus try to sleep but I can't because its bumpy and just awesome and also because I'm super nervous. So I get to San Jose and go to my meeting and Just feel a little more at peace because Pres. Wilkinson is just so amaizng and so good about explaining what it means to be a trainer and how really He was inspired to choose us and then we get ready to go to pick up our babies from the Mission Home. So I get two letters and then I get to the house and Hna Wilkinson is Like OH MY YOURE HERE! I can give you your package. Oh your dad is just so sweet and I am so glad i could help you out. So I got my package plus my letters from Brynne Richards and another friend.  This make me calm down a lot alot. I got to eat some delicous breakfast chocolate chip pancakes and then get my new comp. Her name is Hna Medina. Shes from Mexico. Shes 23.. intimidating because I'm only 19... shes really awesome. She's a little timid but who isn't when they're new and so we got to go back to Santa Cruz and made it just in time for the Elders baptism. I walk in and they're like "oh yay you made it. youre singing the special number. thanks."  hah. So that was funny. and then we just started working. It's so different being the leader and training two people at once is intimidating but its fun! I have been able to grow So Much. William. who always is with us was like wow you've changed alot in just three days and I know it's because I've been put in the fire and the Lord is helping me become better. Okay so now on to investigators. Ana! so she's still super great and shes learning and progressing alot. She still doesn't want to set a date for her wedding but we're working on it. She's so willing to do what the lord wants and yesterday we taught the word of wisdom (coffee is a HUGE thing here its just the culture) and she was like yeah I believe it. I'll stop drinking. And now we are teaching her sister Yaris and her family and She came to church and it was amazing because shes like I'm  100% sure this is all true. I love the church and I love this new book and I prayed and felt it's true. So lets do this thing. hah. Its so amazing how prepared people are. And Santos our solo old man who smoked 10-12 every day is now only smoking 2 cigerates every day and he's going to stop completely by tomorrow! So that's amazing. I'm seeing the lords hand in every single investigators process of conversion. Josue the little brother of Ernesto (the recent convert) is going to be baptized on Sunday and he asked to have CRISTIAN do it! I am so so so excited for this!

oh and just so you know here are pictures from the baptism last week. and Kendry the 8 yr old. is HONEY BOO BOO but Latino! so yeah just look at her face in this picture and you'll agree. hah. 


 

Love you all so much! Thanks for my package, that dress is amazing . If there are different colors or styles i want them because it's perfect length and it is so light and just awesome. Anyway i really am so grateful for your prayers and your support and your love and everything - y'all are the best.

Love hna coburn



No comments:

Post a Comment