April 3, 2014

whhatttup world

Okay so this was a fun week!!!

1. We are still seeing incredible progress with my favorite little family, Ana and Cristian. I'm just so happy because they are going to recieve an unofficial calling on the activity committee and we will be challenging them to be married on the 12th right before the next change.. just in case i leave. haha. But we were able to work alot with them and the members and they are just flourishing. During the broadcast ana was taking notes and she was crying too. and then the next day in church she was taking notes and looking in the scriptures and she was like so happy and glowing and her problems with coffee... well we challenged her and she was like okay, I'll  do it. The crazy thing about that is the elders were teaching them for like two weeks before we got there and the first lesson i had with them she said she would never give up coffee.... but hey look what happened. haha. The Lord changes the hearts of people.

Mosiah 27:25-26  And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters;
26 And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.

Mosiah 5:2  And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually.

2. Fabricio received the holy ghost yesterday and then he got the priesthood and then he gave the priesthood to David. It was a really touching sight to see these brand new priesthood holders using their power and authority as soon as possible. They really get to feel the spirit when they are taught from day one that it's a power and a responsibility  and they were both given the assignment for blessing the sacrement. I am so so so excited for them both!!!

3. We did divisions this week with a sister training leader and it was a blast. She is from Mexico and i love doing divisions because I learn so much. I then was able to joke around with her and learn lots of tricks for using the scriptures in a new way that is effective.

4. I made brownies... with out a recipe.. and i made them without measuring cups... and can i just say.. they weren't that bad.. they actually tasted fine.. they lacked a little sugar and were more like the texture of cake but it was a big surprise. maybe ill come back and be a baker. haha. im having too much fun with this oven.

5. CESAR! okay so cesar. hes a big guy. he was the drugg lord in his neighborhood.. and everyone respects him, BUT weve been teaching him for like a month and a half and can i just tell you the changes I've seen. He can't really read and yet he's using what he knows to read the book of mormon, he has never stepped into a church and this sunday he went with us for the second time. He even accepted a date to be baptized. I am so impressed with him and the changes he is making because he FEELS the difference. He feels that the lord is working inside of him and its just so incredible.

6. I milked a goat... and the family we eat with on sundays has a rabbit farm.. so we always eat rabbit.. it makes me think of grandpa every single sunday. hah

7. The Womens Broadcast. can I just say WOW!!!  And can I just say HOW EXCITED I AM FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! woohooo! seriously. I'm so stoked I cant even contain myself. I just love it. Its like a bigger weekend then superbowl sunday. haha. jk.. but seriously. Its super awesome I cant wait to see it and learn so much. I hope you all have learned from Uncle Joe and that you guys have your quesitons ready!!

I just want to let you guys know how much I love you! Mom and Dad you are the best parents in the world and I am so grateful for all that youve done for me and all that youve taught me. I love yall so much!! Alma 57:21

Love yall!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment